The basic principles of getting the best shave is in these five must have shaving items. Keeping a stock of them gives you a reward. Whatever type of skin you have, surely, you will acknowledge the use of the following:
1. Shaving brush makes the act easily by making the shaving cream lather on the face and keeps away the hairs from sticking into the skin. These then facilitates the blade to cut the hair the way you want it to be. The materials used for this shaving brush came from animal hair but some are made artificially. Silicone brush is what I prefer to use on my own shaving because it does not cause me skin damages and it works well in setting my hair that is to be shaved.
2. Before, we make glycerin soap to lather up and used it for shaving. This is still basically applicable even this time if straight razor is being used. Ordinary soap and water however do not provide a smooth effect, these makes the blade to slide hardly into rough surface. Meanwhile, determining shaving cream properties would help you get away from allergies most especially for those who have delicate skin. People with sensitive skin experience immediate redness with burning sensation during and after the shave.
3. There are different types of razors and shavers. Depending on personal preferences you may like an electric shaver much more than a wet razor. Personally, I find that using a straight razor gives the closest shave and an electric shaver gives the least closest. In both situations you will need to make sure that you are careful and protect your skin from problems.
4. Moisturizers. For men, applying moisturizer on the face should not be taken for granted. The skin losses its natural moist after shaving thus, making it to be flakey and dry. As mentioned, providing moisturizer will keep your skin away from irritations.
5. An added essential shaving item is water. To help have a thoroughly cleaned skin, use lukewarm water to open skin pores and frosty water to maintain the blade’s ability to cut hair efficiently.